Absolute Aberration Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Venomrider's Authorization Thread

2 posters

Go down

Venomrider's Authorization Thread Empty Venomrider's Authorization Thread

Post by Venomrider Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:26 pm

Steam Name: Venomrider

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:29589280

How long you've been playing HL2RP: Around three years.

How long you've been playing on our server (if unsure, use /playtime in game): Since even the idea of it was first brought up/server launch.

What you're applying for: Hazmat Uniform, AS VAL, and a pistol.

Which of your characters will receive or be affected by what you're applying for: Anthony Reed.

How/what you are applying for will benefit our server in terms of RP quality: Personally I feel it'll benefit by providing players with a sense of protection from those who wish to harm them, making me an individual to go to for help or just - well, protection. It would also give someone an excuse to make an attempt to rob the goods off my character to keep for themselves - which is a con of having this equipment, being a larger target for people. Obviously they'd have to catch me off-guard or just sneak up on me to do so.

Please type out a well-detailed back story on how your character gained these skills or items that you are applying for. Use the post mentioned above to determine the length of your back story:
Table of Contents:
City 18 - How Anthony got his pistol.
City 45 - How he got the AS VAL.
Industrial - How he got the Hazmat Uniform.

City Eighteen, one of the first cities Anthony was relocated to. He'll never forget it. Anthony always had a tendency to show some rebellious nature towards the cities’ enforcement officers, but never had the equipment 'nor the physical stature to /really/ fight back. Occasionally civvies would make an attempt to run out into the close outskirts of the plaza, most failed - but the ones who made it never seemed to come out. That either meant they were 'taken care of' or had the intelligence to draw attention to themselves. Beside the point, Anthony always had a thought trailing off to the back of his mind of dashing off to the outskirts, never saw an open chance though. One day though, an opening appeared bright as day. The cities’ power mysteriously shut down, causing all the lights, hardpoint force-fields, and everything else to cease to function. Normally Anthony would've went straight past the hardpoint, but the units were quick about getting everyone into the apartments. As he was being lead to the entrance, he had two choices - and he had to choose fast. Either he let the chance of escaping the plaza slip away or he at least made one attempt to escape. The unit put up a struggle, but alas he wasn't his high-ranked brethren. He broke free from the unit's grip and bolted straight towards the hardpoint, guns would begin to go off, and units would begin to yell aloud. But he made it. As time passed, Anthony became comfortable with his surroundings in the slums. He knew all of the few hiding spots there were to offer, and he made a few friends as well. There always was the close-calls of being caught in the middle of sweeps and such - but with help and determination, he always made it through. Eventually donning a mostly useless and ruined Civil Protection outfit, along with a broken pistol - he looked for pieces of rubber, kevlar, basically anything he could find to gradually repair the suit, along with pieces to repair his pistol. Then one day a man came along, (I forget the name of who the actual player's IC name was, we’ll call him Erwin.), he was in his mid-forties.

Anthony - "Hey, buddy."
Erwin -" Oh, no..."
Erwin took a step back, a concerned look on his face.
Anthony stared at the man for a while, confused at his reaction. Then he realized.
Anthony - "Oh, shit. I'm not a unit, this is just a suit."
He would go to pry off his facemask, with a bit of a struggle but eventually taking it off.
Erwin would let out a heavy sigh of relief, wiping his palm against his forehead.
Erwin - "What is this to you, halloween? You gave an old man a fright!"
Anthony - "Sorry, sorry - I didn't mean it. But uh - I was meaning to ask, you got anything or know anybody that could get this thing fixed up?"
Erwin blinked a few times, eyeing his uniform carefully.
Anthony - "The unit I got this from - I messed him up pretty bad. Ended up fucking up the uniform."
Erwin - "...I happen to have knowledge on sewing things like this together...”
He would step closer to the uniform, his eyes running across the torn surface of the kevlar.
Anthony - "Really? Shit, that would be great if you c-"
Erwin - "But I would need time, and some supplies."
Erwin would eye his pistol.
Erwin - "Are you using that?"
Anthony would stare down at his pistol, sliding it from his pocket before handing it over.
Anthony - "It's broken, so not really."
Erwin would take it, quickly undoing the slide off the gun - taking out the weapon's firing pin from it. He hands the pieces of the gun back to Anthony.
Erwin - "I will go and look for cloth and things to fix up 'zat suit - and eh, hand it over."
Anthony would slide his uniform off, boots and all - handing it over to the man.
Anthony -"You uh, you want payment or somethin'?"
Erwin would chuckle, shaking his head as he folds up the clothes.
Erwin - "I have something in mind, but I will mention 'zat later."

And with that he took off. Anthony waited days, unsure of the man's location - wondering if he was ever even going to get his suit back. Turns out, the man was busy scavenging scraps and sewing together Anthony's new uniform. Just to make this story shorter, Anthony eventually got the suit back. It looked quite odd and had random bits of pieces of scrap metal and rubber attached to it - the gasmask was gone, apparently used for parts of the uniform. But it seemed to work well enough. Anthony still needed a working gun, along with ammunition for it. Erwin said there was a place far off in the Outlands, men that could supply him with the needed equipment. But he said it would take days to travel, and Anthony would have to leave behind some equipment in the city. This was also a part of the repayment the Erwin wanted, was to come help him out in the outlands - as he needed supplies from there too. Anthony hid his things in different nooks and crannies around the slums. But the man did tell Anthony to keep what little of the medical supplies he had - which consisted of two bandages and a two health-vial. He mentioned that they would be used in his "trade". They went to the abandoned subway, facing an empty tunnel once used for subway trains.

Erwin - "This will be a strenuous trip, anything could happen out there - not to mention the reward for travelling these lands isn't that great either. Are you sure you want to do this."
Anthony thought for a minute, nodding.
Anthony - "I'm sure - I mean, it can't be that bad right?"
Erwin chuckled lightly and hopped onto the tracks.

That began their trip. They ran into many obstacles, and many days passed. (Actually didn't go on my character for a couple of OOC days). Anthony asked why they didn't just stay out in the outlands, the man explained that it was far safer to stay in the city than out there. They had to take many stops at abandoned huts and such to rest at, most of the time they woke up to the sound of Antlions pounding at their doors. They often saw squads of Overwatch Soldiers patrolling around, which they managed to sneak around when they did appear.
They eventually arrived at a small town, a small tower of smoke could be seen in the air emitting from it - they went up a small hill and took a left, leading straight into the middle of the town. There were men and women, some heavily armed while others were not - most of them looked thin and beat-up. Their glares were hard and cold, Anthony got the strong sense they didn't take kindly to strangers. There was a particular man sitting at the camp-fire, Erwin signaled Anthony to wait behind him and then approached behind the man, tapping on his shoulder. The man slowly got up, a large scar was across his eyebrow down to his cheek - he was pretty tall too. They started to speak in a foreign language, which Anthony guessed was German. He glared up at Anthony, then muttered something - again in German, Erwin glanced back at Anthony and motioned him to come over.

He walked over reluctantly, glaring up at the stranger.
Anthony - "Uh, hi there."
He simply glared back at me.
Erwin - "He doesn't understand english, just hand over 'ze items you brought."

He complied and took them out, extending the bundle out towards him. He took it and fiddled with them for a while, guess to make sure they were authentic. He shoved a bandage and the vials in one of his pockets, but then raised one of the rolls of bandages up to his eyes. He again started to speak in German - but this time it sounded more like a rant. Erwin and the man started to exchange words back and forth, until eventually the stranger shoved the roll back into his pocket - mumbling something. He then started off towards a stair-case which led down to a basement, we walked down and saw crates piled high, papers and electronics scattered across tables - a green crate was in a corner of the room, and the stranger headed towards that. He undid the latches attached to the green crate, lifting the lid to it open. He dug through and took out a small cloth bag, handing it over to Erwin. Erwin shook the stranger's hand and said a few things in his language before strutting off, taking Anthony with him.

Erwin - "Those bandages you gave him had some dried blood and muck on it, which displeased him -
He said this as he took out a pistol from the bag.
Erwin - "Luckily for you, I managed to talk him into handing off your needs."
Anthony took the gun from him, disposing of his broken pistol then shoving his newly-obtained one into his pocket.
Anthony - "Seems like a nit-picky guy."
Erwin - "Be grateful you are still drawing breath, eh-heh."

It took another few days to get back to the city - but when they got back, they were exhausted - all they wanted to do was rest. The trip went generally well itself, they lost a few items travelling on the way - but it wasn't much of anything significant. Anthony got a working weapon with a box of ammunition - along with bruises, cuts, scars, and all that fun stuff. Anthony never did decide to go back out into the outlands, it was too much of a difficult trip for such few little items. With that, he went about his business as he usually did. Not for long though.

City Forty-five. Months have passed since his stay at City Eighteen, but due to someone managing to direct tons and tons of headcrab canisters to the city - he was forced to leave. He was also forced to leave behind his newly-made uniform, as it was surprisingly heavy to carry around. He travelled through a sewer system for what seemed like weeks, trying to find a new place to call home, least for the meantime. He found a gated off passage, he slammed his shoulder against his with all his strength and snapped the grate off its hinges. He stepped out onto it and stepped into the outside, the sun-light blinding him. The area was completely unfamiliar to him, besides the signs of Combine architecture and propaganda. On his left was a sewer, sunlight could be seen emitting from the end of it. He stepped into the sewer tunnel, acknowledging the putrid stench emitting from it. He quickly dashed along the narrow path of the sewer before finally arriving at the source of the light. There were two large walls on either side of him, both with ladders leading up. Anthony drew his pistol out and glared around, glancing around at his feet in-case he found anything of use. He climbed up the wall on his right - only to bet met with a gun to his head.

Stranger - "Drop that weapon of yours right here 'less you want to get 'yer head blown right off."
Anthony threw his pistol down to the man's feet, the man pressed his foot on it - the gun still raised.
Stranger - "Now, what are 'ya doin' here?"
Anthony - "I was just lookin' around man, didn't know this place was occupied."
Stranger - "I don't like strangers here, especially ones that are armed - why shouldn't I kill you right now?"

Anthony was about to speak before he saw a door open behind him, a man exited out from it and glared at him. It was a face Anthony hadn't seen in years.

Robert -"Daryl, lower the gun dick-head!"

"Daryl" glanced back over at Robert, an eyebrow raised.
Daryl -"What, do you know this guy?"
Robert -"He's my fuckin' brother."

He ran up to Anthony and gave me a big ol' brotherly hug, Anthony wasn't ever too fond of that.

Anthony shoved him off lightly and let out a chuckle, glaring at him in disbelief.

Anthony - "Holy shit, man. Is - is that really you?"
Robert - "Sure fucking is - hell, you got old."
Anthony - "Thanks, like I haven't noticed."
Robert - "I'm sorry about Daryl, he's a bit too cautious at times. Lemme' invite you in, you hungry?"
Anthony - "You have no idea."

They went inside the warehouse which Robert came out of it, chatting for a bit and just catching up. Anthony explained his story and how he was looking for a place to stay, Robert offered him a place to stay - there at the warehouse. Anthony slowly began to make friends with the people stationed at the warehouse, he'd go out every other day with them to scavenge for supplies - and to defend the warehouse. Other than the occasional death of fellow friends and the loss of supplies due to Overwatch raids - Anthony was happy, mostly because he was reunited with his long-lost brother.

One day, one of the members of the "warehouse group" decided it was a good idea to go out in the main city area and cause a ruckus - he killed off a unit and injured three others. This resulted in his capture. He never was one to keep secrets, especially when his life was in-danger - and so, he told Civil Protection their names, locations, and anything else that came to mind. The group found this out when the familiar but rare sound of the cities’ Judgment Waiver alarm went off - along with dispatch calling out their names. They got ready for a sweep of Overwatch soldiers, but this particular time they sent more than they were used to. Some men were set up on roofs, some looking out windows - they were ready.

As soon as one of the men spotted a soldier, bullets started flying. The Overwatch soldiers returned fire with no hesitation, and so did the rebels. One of them fired a grenade straight into one of the buildings the resistance was in - killing off everyone inside. Overwatch moved up, they were holding their ground well. Anthony was alongside Robert and Daryl on the roof, it was difficult for them to fire out from the roof without a bullet rubbing up against them - but they peeked out occasionally. Overwatch was moving around the area fast, they killed off most of the group.

Robert - "They're gonna start towards the roof pretty soon, we gotta go!"
Anthony - "Go where?! They're covering all sides of this place!"
Daryl - "There's a place we could go to, gonna have to go quick though - like now!"

And with that, Daryl bolted. He ran to the ladder which led up to the roof and slid down - firing occasionally at Overwatch soldiers. Anthony and Robert followed hot on his tail, they were led to a valve attached to a pipe.

Robert - "The hell is this Daryl, we gotta fucking go!"
Daryl - "Just cover me, I'll need a minute!"

Daryl began to turn the valve, slowly but surely. We covered him, firing at the swarms of Overwatch soldiers that came in. Anthony glanced at Daryl and noticed the ground was opening up before him, it slowly opened up to a small bunker-type thing with some closets and furniture in it.

Daryl - "Get in!"

Anthony and Robert both jumped in, Daryl was about to jump - but an Overwatch quickly turned around the corner, firing two shots straight into his chest. Daryl yelled out in agony and fell into the bunker, Robert quickly went to close the bunker back up while Anthony fired up at the soldier, killing him. Daryl fell onto the couch in the bunker, blood oozing from out his wounds.

Daryl - "A-agh, shit."
Robert - "Holy hell, what the fuck happened!"
Daryl - "What do 'ya think! I was s-shot! Argh..!"
Anthony - "I don't got anything to help him, so don't look at me."
Robert - "Oh shit, oh...fuck.."
Daryl - "Eh, this was bound to end up happenin'. I ain't afraid to die anyhow..."
Robert - "Die?! You're not gonna f-fucking die, not here!"
Anthony - "If anything, we'll die with 'ya."

None of them were sure what to do, other than slow the bleeding down. Overwatch soldiers could still be heard clattering up above, but thankfully it seemed none of them knew how to get in the bunker. It seemed like hours had passed, Daryl sat on the couch - his face much paler than usual, his rifle fell out from his hand and onto the floor, his eyes were heavy. Robert rushed over to his side when he heard the gun clatter, his face filled with worried.

Robert - "Come on Daryl, don't do this man - don't fucking...don't do this.."

Daryl simply stayed there, silent - although he acknowledged Robert's voice, his eyes moving towards him. He smirked slightly and nodded, and then glanced at Anthony briefly. He slowly started to fade, his eyes shut. Robert glared at his now lifeless body with awe, checking for a pulse.

Anthony - "Is he..."
Robert - "...He's fucking gone..."

Silence filled the room for a brief moment, they were both shocked at Daryl's demise. Robert rubbed his sleeve against his eyes, rising up off the couch - his eyes were red. He grabbed the rifle Daryl dropped onto the floor, rubbing his hand across it before handing it over to Anthony.

Robert - "Something to remember him by, yeah?"
Anthony slowly takes the gun from him, feeling the weight of it before glancing at the corpse - then back at Robert.
Anthony - "Yeah, yeah..."
He slings the rifle over his back, crossing his arms.
Anthony - "Uh...you alright, Robert?"
Robert stood there silent, turning himself over to face Daryl. Obviously he was very attached to him, despite Daryl's hard-ass attitude. He rested his hand on his pistol, slowly sliding it out from his holster.
Anthony - "Hey, Robert…What are you doing here, pal?"
Robert gripped the handle of the gun tightly, his hands shuddering.
Anthony started to approach him, his hands extending towards him.
Anthony - "Now, just put that gun away, alright? L-let's talk about this..."
He would glare back at Anthony, stopping him in his tracks. He quickly raised the gun up to his head, pulling the trigger. Chunks of his brain and such flew from his skull, his body landing against the ground.
Anthony - "No!"
Anthony fell to his knees aside his fallen brother, cradling him in his arms.
Anthony - "Come on, Robert...why the fuck, god..."

Industrial
Anthony travelled across many deserts, forests, and wastelands before finally arriving at City Seventeen's Industrial Sector. He managed to get himself right in the middle of the city, he was nearly caught with his backpack full of weaponry and supplies. He hid his supplies somewhere in the city, the place was big so he was confident that no one would find his stash. He attended work-cycles, ration cycles, and other things just as any normal citizen would do. But when no events were taking place, he would go grab his stash and search around the sector's slums. There was a lot of scrap metal around, considering it is the Industrial Sector. One thing to mention about the work-cycles is that they always had the civilians wear these specially designed Hazmat Uniforms, as the areas they worked in were highly-hazardous.

The areas he travelled in the slums had several toxic gas filled zones, which were made impossible to pass. The only way work-around he knew of to allow him to pass these zones, was to steal a Hazmat Uniform for himself. So, one day the city starts another generic work-cycle as they usually do - and Anthony attends it. His fellow citizens put their uniforms on, going into Warehouse Three, where citizens would often just put-together ration packets and electronics. There was only one unit keeping watch of all of them, something Anthony could take to his advantage. They finished up making ration packets, they placed them in wooden crates and were ready to put them in the RDT.

Anthony and the others followed the unit to the center, the unit opened up the storage center for the packets and ordered them to put the crates in. There was a button inside of the area to close the thing off, Anthony took notice of that. Everyone put their crates in first and stepped out, the unit had them line up on a wall a bit of a ways from the crates. Anthony put his crate in - then he backed up against the wall, awaiting for the unit to check in. The unit would say a few code-words into his radio, then approaching the storage center.

Unit - "Citizen, are you finished?"
Anthony would remain silent, waiting for him to step inside.
The unit would step inside, then suddenly Anthony would jump at him - wrapping his arm around the unit's neck, slamming his palm down against the button to shut the storage center. The sound of a citizen yelling "Shit!" could be heard, but Anthony would ignore it and would continue to choke-hold the unit. The unit would struggle, taking out his stun-baton before flicking it on, smashing it against Anthony's calf. Anthony would yell out slightly, ramming his fist into the unit's side as he lets go of him - stepping back while holding his calf. The unit would catch his breath, quickly turning to the citizen before pressing his stun baton against Anthony's neck.

Anthony - "A-ach! Y...ou...uck!"
Unit - "Quit struggling, malcompliance will just increase your punishment!"

Anthony would notice the unit's pistol in his holster, then slamming his fist into the unit's side before grabbing the pistol - yanking it out. The unit wouldn't be pained by Anthony's hit, but would be distracted enough to not notice his gun being taken. He would place the barrel of the weapon against the unit's torso, firing a few shots into it. He would slam his hand against the button to the storage area, quickly bolting out from it. As he exits the RDT, he would run straight into a unit, falling to the ground.

Anthony - "Oh, fuck!"

The unit quickly draws his pistol out, but Anthony would yank his pistol upwards and would fire at his hand - stumbling to his feet before running off. He would arrive back at the slums, slumping up against a wall while panting heavily. He slides the Hazmat Uniform off his body, folding it up before tucking it under his arm - running off to his stash of supplies.

Pros of your skills/items: Hazmat Uniform - Rebreather attached to it, can walk through gas-zones with ease, provides warmth, more space to carry things (More pockets.)
AS VAL/Pistol - Protection from enemies, can protect friendlies if needed, might scare off those who would normally attempt to harm me. Could possibly trade what little ammunition I have for needed equipment.

Cons of your skills/items: Uniform - No kevlar what-so-ever included, little to no protection from bullets and such, would weigh me down.
AS VAL/Pistol - Heavy to carry, loud when fired (IC'ly the VAL doesn't/shouldn't have a silencer.), ammunition would be scarce - would have to conserve it often.
General - Larger target for some people to attempt to mug/kill, others would avoid me more often.(Could be an issue if I was bleeding out or similar IC'ly), higher priority target for Overwatch Soldiers/undercover units.

Last edited by Venomrider on Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Venomrider
Venomrider

Back to top Go down

Venomrider's Authorization Thread Empty Re: Venomrider's Authorization Thread

Post by Gimlie Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:20 pm

Very detailed, not generic at all, and an overall good read. I think you deserve the items.

+support from me.
Gimlie
Gimlie

Back to top Go down